Job Title: Finance Intern
Organization: Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
About Akina Mama wa Afrika
Akina Mama wa Afrika is a Pan-African Feminist organization with headquarters in Kampala, Uganda, dedicated to improving the political, economic, social status of African women, through enhancing their individual and collective leadership capacities.
We are looking for a Finance and Administration Intern to be a key member of the Finance team. The candidate in this role will gain a wide range of knowledge and experience during the 6 months (s)he will be with us.
The Finance Intern works closely with the Finance and Administration team with mentor-ship from the Finance and Administration Manager. (S)he will, in close collaboration and consultation with the project team, advise and act on the development, implementation and monitoring of the various projects of AMwA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The Intern will support implementation and ensure compliance with the internal financial and accounting systems of the organization.
- The Intern will work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager in the execution of day to day financial transactions including; review and verification of documents, account reconciliations, input accounting transactions in accounting system, updating of project cash books and filings.
- The Intern will prepare day to day activity budgets, participate in periodical budget review and monitoring processes together with other staff.
- The Intern will support in preparing periodical financial and management reports and information for project audits.
- The Intern will be responsible for management of petty cash and organizational physical assets record.
- The Intern will support AMwA team in day office administration and logistics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The Intern should hold a university degree in Finance, Accounting and Administration,
Business administration, Commerce, Statistics, Economics or any related field.
- They should be keen to detail and have a willingness to undertake serious responsibility and manage stress efficiently.
- They should have knowledge of MS Excel/MS word and any Accounting System preferably QuickBooks.
- Previous experience is an advantage but not required.
The compensation of this position shall be commensurate with the duties and responsibilities undertaken as an Intern.
How to Apply
Female candidates who meet the above criteria are advised to apply. They should send their applications and updated CVs including three references with contact details to be sent via email to: email@example.com.
Deadline for Application: Friday 10th July 2020 at 6:00 pm