Eunice Musiime is the Executive Director of Akina Mama wa Afrika, a position she assumed in 2015. She previously was the team lead, Policy and Advocacy at the Uganda National NGO Forum, and Head of Policy and Advocacy at Uganda Law Society.
She is a human rights lawyer, development practitioner and leadership development enthusiast, with over 15 years of advancing women’s rights, women’s leadership and sustainable development at national, regional and international levels. Specifically, she has focused on influencing and advancing the implementation of the following policy and legal frameworks: The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs); The Maputo Protocol on Women’s Rights, and actively engaged in the following spaces: Commission on the Status of Women, African Union Heads of State Summits, and Sustainable Development Goals forums at regional level and the High-Level Political Forum.
She has served on several Boards of Not-for-Profit Organizations including serving as the Chairperson of the Association of Women Lawyers (FIDA-Uganda). A wife and mother of three, she is passionate about flourishing families and spending fun times with loved ones. In 2017 She authored a book “Nurture or Nature: Sowing Seeds of Greatness” an exploration of positive parenting.
Eunice holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, a Masters in Business Administration from University of Birmingham, United Kingdom and possess several other certificates in feminist leadership, Rights-Based Approaches, Monitoring and Evaluation among others.
Follow her on Twitter on @musiime
Eunice’s recent publications and writing contributions:
- She shares her disruptive ideas on her blog Bubbling Brook: https://bubblingbrook1.wordpress.com/
- Civil Society Engagement in the Justice System: What went wrong?
- The Inclusive Internet Index: Bridging digital divides
- April, 2007. Rwanda’s Legal System and Legal Materials
- The Debate Over Comprehensive Sexuality Education in Uganda: Barriers to Vernacularizing Reproductive Rights
- LIVING ON THE MARGINS OF LIFE The Plight of the Batwa Communities of South Western Uganda
- ORGANIC AGRICULTURE IN UGANDA
- Unleashing the Leader within
- The Disruption of Women’s Rights in the face of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Uganda:
- Teach your child the good, the bad touch:
- Teaching boys positive masculinity: