Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Intern
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA) is a Pan-African Feminist and Transformational Leadership Development Organization. Our mission is to strengthen the individual and collective leadership of African women, forming strategic partnerships to tackle patriarchy and other forms of oppression and work towards attaining gender equality and women’s empowerment for a just and secure Africa.
In a bid to ensure sustainable achievement of our mission, Akina Mama wa Afrika seeks to add to her team a competent, results-driven, proactive, and self-driven intern in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) department.
The MEL Intern will assist in monitoring, evaluating, and learning in accordance with AMwA’s programs to ensure effective program outcomes, learning, and adoption.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of monitoring plans for programs and projects.
- Contribute to the development of a strong MEL system, guidelines, and tools
- Support the MEL Officer in the monitoring of progress based on the established indicators in collaboration with other leads and the monitoring and evaluation coordinator.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual and quarterly monitoring and evaluation plans for AMwA interventions
- Support the MEL officer in conducting regular monitoring visits to the field to AMwA activities
- Participate in evaluation activities as may be required, guided by the MEL Officer
- Assist the MEL Officer to coordinate MEL training activities for staff and partners
- Periodically enter M&E data in the MEL Management Information Systems
- Support the MEL Officer to undertake programme evaluations together with AMwA’s stakeholders
- Assist in data analysis to enable timely reporting in accordance with AMwA’s reporting format for regular reporting requirements.
- Support other staff to generate periodic program and organizational reports.
- Support AMwA team in packaging reports for dissemination.
- Assist in compiling documentation for learning for the different teams to best meet the interest of AMwA’s constituencies.
- Contribute to research design in collaboration with program Leads and consultants.
- Support the MEL Officer to conduct research in collaboration with Programme Leads.
- Collaborate with the Communication and Advocacy Coordinator to document and share stories of change.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of information and visibility materials.
Experience and Qualifications
The candidate should hold a university degree in a relevant field and have strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, SPSS). Previous experience is an advantage.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above specifications are requested to send their applications via email; addressed to the Finance and Administration Manager at; email@example.com
The subject line of the email should state Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Intern
The application should include an application letter and Curriculum Vitae with the addresses of three professional referees and copies of your academic documents submitted before 6:00pm on 22nd December 2020.