Job Title: Human Resource & Administrative Officer
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
Supervises: Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Driver, and other Admin Support Staff
Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA) is a Pan-African Feminist and Transformational Leadership Development Organization. Our mission is to strengthen the individual and collective leadership of African women, forming strategic partnerships to tackle patriarchy and other forms of oppression and work towards attaining gender equality and women’s empowerment for a just and secure Africa.
In a bid to ensure sustainable achievement of our mission, Akina Mama wa Afrika seeks to add to her team a competent, results-driven, proactive, and self-driven individual to fill the position of Human Resource and Administration Officer.
The Human Resource and Administration Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the overall office administration, coordination, human resources strategies, and policies are realized. They will also be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of AMwA.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Manage AMwA’s recruitment, orientation, and induction process.
- Review and update policies, guidelines, and procedures that pertain to staff on a regular basis to meet organizational needs and the national legal obligations.
- Implement an effective performance management system aligned with AMwA’s strategic plan.
- Ensure that AMwA’s disciplinary proceedings are carried out in adherence to the Human Resource policy and attendant labour laws.
- Providing support to staff in resolving employee grievances as well as offering counselling.
- Work with Head of Finance and Administration to initiate and ensure implementation of systematic motivational strategies.
- Perform job evaluation exercises from time to time.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation & maintenance of AMwA’s payroll for all staff and ensure compliance with statutory obligations and labour laws.
- Maintain staff personnel files.
- Coordinate and manage staff leave.
- Manage the staff exit processes in line with the HR policy.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective provision of administrative services such as medical, welfare, cleaning, and company telephones.
- Implement an effective and efficient internal communication system in liaison with the IT Officer including ensuring that all staff have internet and any other necessary communication in place to facilitate operations.
- Ensure that all of AMwA’s premises meet the Health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all service providers of AMwA premises meet the required health and safety standards.
- Maintain asset register; monitor and maintain office equipment and inventory supplies; order replacement supplies as needed.
- Create, update, and maintain records and databases.
- Prepare travel arrangements for office staff and managers; oversee and prepare expense reports and budgets.
- Ensure proper utilization of vehicle/s
- Organize special functions and social events.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, or related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience as Human Resource and Admin, preferably in a Non-Governmental Organization.
- Experience in leading/interacting with diverse & multifunctional teams.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and leadership skills.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above specifications are requested to send their applications via email; addressed to the Finance and Administration Manager to; email@example.com
The subject line of the email should state Human Resource and Administration Officer.
The application should include; an application letter and Curriculum Vitae with the addresses of three professional referees and copies of your academic documents submitted before 6:00pm on 22nd December 2020.