Title: Finance & Administration Officer
Reports To: Finance & Administration Manager
Supervises: Finance & Administration Associates, Office Assistant, Receptionist
Duty Station: Kampala
Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA) is a Pan-African Feminist and Transformational Leadership Development Organization. Our mission is to strengthen the individual and collective leadership of African women while forming strategic partnerships to tackle patriarchy and other forms of oppression and working towards attaining gender equality and women’s empowerment for a just and secure Africa.
In a bid to ensure sustainable achievement of our mission, Akina Mama wa Afrika seeks to add to her team a competent, results-driven, pro-active, and self-driven individual for the position of Finance and Administration Officer.
The Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager and staff in ensuring finance management of all organizational resources;
- Fully participate in the adaptation and implementation of financial and administrative systems to ensure optimal support to the organization;
- Participate in organizational fundraising drives
- Ensure efficiency in day-to-day financial and administrative operations of the organization; budgeting, ensure internal control systems, review financial accounting and bookkeeping systems, and maintain the integrity and effective performance of AMwA’s financial operations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Review payment requisitions and accountabilities to ensure correctness and properly attached supporting documentation.
- Post day to day transactions into QuickBooks accounting software.
- Prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements, and other financial statements.
- Budget preparation, monitoring, and control.
- Monthly bank reconciliations of organizational bank accounts by the 5th of each preceding month.
- Produce management reports and support finance manager in preparation for projects, organizational, and annual external audits.
- Prepare payroll and all statutory including filing, submission, and payments in a timely manner
- Monitor the disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with donor and AMwA’s financial policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day cash needs, travel requests, payments, procurement, contracts, grants and processing invoices, operation systems, policies and procedures, consultant, and travel logistics.
- Prepare expense reports and other project expenses on a regular basis to ensure adequate support and documentation.
- Participate in the preparation of organization periodical operational work plans and budgets.
- Prepare and submit budget performance reports and quarterly financial reports to donors by the 10th of each preceding month.
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements, and industry trends
- Perform other duties as required.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and fund requests from donors
- Monitor accounts payables, receivables, and other control accounts.
- Work in liaison with senior management to ensure optimal support and guide on financial and administrative matters as required.
- Maintain asset register, monitor and maintain office equipment and inventory supplies; order replacement supplies as needed.
- Create, update, and maintain records and databases.
- Update office policies and procedures.
- Prepare travel arrangements for office staff and managers; oversee and prepare expense reports and budgets.
- Proper utilization of vehicle fleet and transport tracking.
- Ensure the safety and security of organization resources.
- Coordinate building and maintenance issues for general repair (heating and air conditioning, security, etc.) and updating (carpet cleaning, painting, etc.).
- Organize special functions and social events
- Support and Supervise the Office Assistant, Receptionist, and IT, and ensure office administrative and program needs are met.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate must:
- Hold a Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, with partial enrolment in ACCA or CPA.Minimum of Level II
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance, accounting, and administration of NGO
- Have practical experience in Quick Books accounting package;
- Be familiar with multi-donor projects and donor regulations
- Have excellent financial and computer skills
- Have knowledge of software, database applications, word processing, and Excel
- Have demonstrated budgeting, budget monitoring, and financial reporting skills.
- Have demonstrated skills in proposal budgetary development processes.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above specifications should send their applications addressed to the Finance and Administration Manager via email to; firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line of the email should state “R.E: Finance and Administration Officer.”
The application should include an application letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the addresses of three professional referees and copies of academic documents submitted before 6:00 pm on 4th November 2020.