Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA) is a Pan-African Feminist and Transformational Leadership Development Organization with a mission of strengthening the individual and collective leadership of African women and forming strategic partnerships to tackle patriarchy and attain gender equality and women’s empowerment for a just and secure Africa.
In a bid to ensure sustainable achievement of our mission, Akina Mama wa Afrika seeks to add to her team a passionate, proactive and self driven individual for the position of Research, Advocacy and Movement Building Manager.
The Research, Advocacy and Movement Building Manager will be responsible for understanding, analyzing and coordinating research that will help AMwA and her constituency to inform the feminist leadership programs and to support AMwA’s advocacy agenda. The specific tasks will include:
- Lead on feminist research to inform AMwA’s leadership programs and advocacy agenda.
- Coordinate the development and effective implementation of AMwA’s advocacy strategy and plans.
- Build strategic partnerships with key external stakeholders that will lead to creation of strong movements for collective advocacy.
- Support in fundraising and organization development by building strong relations with development partners.
- Communicating the results of research projects to internal and external constituents through a variety of avenues.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Social work and Social Administration, Development Studies, International Law and related studies obtained from a reputable university.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in the Human rights sector with a focus on Women’s rights.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills with ability to work under pressure and minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of National, Regional and International development policies and instruments.
- Strong commitment to promoting gender equality and social justice.